Friday, February 5, 2010

Emma's Personality Project






As we grow older I believe we forget who we truly are as people. We are all different and unique, but sometimes it is hard to express all of these distinctive feature on the inside and outside of us. Many people see our outsides and know how we look and act, but what they don’t know is what is really going on inside our minds. By making a personality PowerPoint, it helps be to be able to show people who I really am so others can get to know me a little better.
Before I go on and start talking about myself, I should talk a little bit about my family. I have one brother, Christopher, a mom, Lisa, a dad, Jon, a dog, Toby, and a guinea pig, Flopsy. I have a picture of my dog in the top right hand corner of the first slide. He is a golden retriever and a poodle mix and is about 3 years old. Now, I do not have a picture of just me and my family, but I do have a picture on my whole moms side of the family in the bottom right hand corner. I love being with my mom’s side of the family because they are so much like me and I always have fun when I am with them. I also have a couple pictures of my brother and I on here from up north this past summer. We go up north to my great grandmas cottage every summer and it is always the best vacation ever. There is also a picture of my brother and I in the bottom left hand corner. We went to Washington D.C. to visit my parents friends in the fall, and this is a picture of me and my brother by the Washington Monument. Right in the center of this slide is a picture of my aunt Lois and me. We were at my great grandma’s 90th birthday party. My aunt substitutes at Pewaukee sometimes, and she is so outgoing and funny. The last two pictures on this slide are of my cousin Lauren, Megan, and me. We are the only girls out of the 9 kids from my mom’s side. I do almost everything with them, and have ever since I was little. We always have a good time and get along great. I love my family very much and nothing will change that.
Outer appearance is important for teens because they are afraid of rejection. What people don’t know though is that our appearance and physical features about us come from our parents. If you were to cut my hair the same way my mom’s style is and take a side portrait picture like I have, I would look like a younger version of my mom. My mom and I have the exact same nose, and overall, we look the same from the side. Everyone in my family have blue/grey/green eyes. You could say that my eyes are almost like my mom and dad’s, but yet they are still a little different. My eyes are many colors—deep blue, grey, green, brown, and yellow—but there are times when they look the same color as my parents. My last inherited trait from my parents would be my height. My extended family is not very tall, especially on my mom’s side. For some reason, my mom got the tall gene, which is why I am pretty tall for my age. Being tall has its advantages and disadvantages. It helps me in sports like basketball, but it is really hard to find jeans that are long enough. I would say that I have more traits from my mom than I do from my dad.
Along with inherited features, comes inherited traits from my parents as well. Both of my parents have about 20/40 vision. I just learned in the past few years that my vision has been a little blurry as well. I went to the Eye Doctor and found out I also have 20/40 vision. Since 6th grade I have had glasses, but I never really wore them because I didn’t like the way they looked. The picture of the red right hand resembles that everyone in my family is right handed, so I am assuming that is an inherited trait. My last picture on the inherited traits slide is of a girl with freckles and a cross through it. This shows that no one in my family has freckles.
Going along with looks is outer appearance style wise. I absolutely love clothes and fashion. I love starting new trends and staying up with the trends that are in. This year fashion trends that I saw were plaid, ugg boots, sequins, and fun day dresses. As you can see I have pictures of sequin skirts and dresses, ugg boots, and a plaid shirt. Some of my favorite stores to find these trends at are Victoria’s Secret Pink, Pac Sun, American Eagle, and Hollister. I have a picture of American Eagle jeans as well because they are my favorite brand of jeans to wear more than any other brand. They are very comfortable and I have about 10 pairs of them. Some products and accessories that I use are American Eagle jewelry, sparkle nail polish, a straightener, Bead Head hair products, and Clinique facial soap. American Eagle also has my favorite jewelry because it is young and fresh, yet sophisticated and modern. My favorite shampoo is Bed Head. It doesn’t make my hair look greasy or dirty, but instead, it always makes my hair smooth and shiny. Also having to do with my hair, I use a straightener a lot. My hair has a natural wave that I don’t really like, so I sometimes use my straightener to get rid of that wave. Lastly, my facial soap from Clinique works amazingly. I barely ever get and blemishes and my skin always feels smooth and looks fresh. I love the fresh look, and I love having my own style.
I am a very active and athletic person. My major sports that I play are basketball, soccer, and volleyball. Most of my pictures on my talents and skills slide are of me playing on my Pewaukee soccer team and my AAU basketball team. The pictures of me playing soccer are when my team went to a tournament in the Verona. Our team made it to the championship, but we lost. I was a close game, and you can see my team with our trophies in the bottom right corner. The other pictures are of me on my AAU basketball team. My team name is the Wisconsin Lakers, and I have been playing on this team since 5th grade. We participate in about 8 tournaments each summer, and most of the time we are pretty good. I got to know a lot of people from this team and I am really good friends with all of them.
As you can see, my personality really shows on the outside of me, and it is the same on the inside as well. When it comes to food and eating habits I can be a little picky, but I’m not that picky. I like to eat many different foods, but I would have to say my favorite things to eat are steak, dark chocolate, coconut, pears, and pomegranate seeds. I also really like sub sandwiches from Cousin’s Sub’s. They are so good, and they are way better than Subway. There are a few foods that do gross me out that I won’t eat. The two in the PowerPoint are jelly and tomatoes, but I also don’t like peas or scrambled eggs. Overall though, I will eat almost anything.
When it comes to fears on the other hand, I am very picky and have a lot of them. The main thing that I am afraid of is death. The thought of death just gives me the chills because it is not a pretty thing; it is a natural thing, but not a pretty thing. I am also very afraid of heights and rollercoasters. These two things go together perfectly because rollercoasters are very high up in the air. I am always afraid that something will break while I’m on the ride and I will die; this relates back to the idea of death. I never go in the ocean when I am on vacation because the ocean also creeps me out. The waves are so big that they could take you away in an instant and you could drown. Also, so many creatures live in there, one of them being sharks that I am also afraid of. The last big thing that I am afraid of are tornadoes. That is one of the only reasons why I hate the summer. Tornadoes are very dangerous and can do a lot of damage. I get freaked out when I think of being sucked up into the tornado and dying. Again, this relates to my fear of dying. Some other little things that I am afraid of are bumblebees, tests, snakes, and clowns. These things aren’t as big of fears as the other things I said, but I am still foremost afraid of all these things.
When it comes to answering favorites for things I have a problem with answering the question, because I don’t have many favorites. If you asked me what my favorite color was I would say yellow, but the truth is I honestly love every bright color. The one that would be the easiest though would be what my favorite number is. I would answer with the number 33. It has always been my favorite out of all the numbers I like, but I still really like the number 6, 8, 24, and 21. My favorite animal is also difficult to answer because I like a lot of animals, but I said my favorite animals were a monkey and a dragon. I also love elephants, giraffes, penguins, dogs, horses, cows, and bears. Everyone’s’ favorite holiday is Christmas, especially mine. I love everything about Christmas, but I just wish it was longer. My favorite sport is basketball, but I also love volleyball and soccer. Finally, my favorite thing to do is, of course, go shopping just like any other girl! Shopping was the best invention on the face of the earth.
My friends are one of the most important things in my life because they portray many good emotions and feelings in me. Whenever I am with my friends I am smiling and laughing and having fun. I love all of my friends and I wouldn’t be able to live without them. The middle picture is of Olivia R, Taylor K, Kelly L, Elli R, Allie H, and me on Cameroid.com. In the bottom left corner is Taylor, Allie, and me in the distorted camera on Cameroid.com again. The other 3 pictures are of Allie and me just messing around and having a good time. I love taking pictures with my friends, because then when I look back at the pictures I remember all the good times my friends and me had.
I have had way too many life experiences to count. Most of my experiences I put on this slide were of vacations or trips I have been on. In the top right corner is a picture of Yellow Stone National Park. I went to Wyoming in 2nd grade and was a great sightseeing place, especially to see wild animals such as roaming buffalo, antelope, bears, moose, and other interesting animals. The next picture, with the sailboat and lighthouse, is in Nantucket. I took a trip out east with my family about 3 summers ago and we went to Boston, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and Cape Cod. Cape Cod was our last stop and when we were there, we took a boat across the ocean to an island called Nantucket. It was the prettiest little island I have ever been to. It’s not a tropical island, but its more old fashioned, and you just walk around in this miniature town instead of driving. The next picture is of Niagara Falls. I went here when we went on our out east trip. This was my second favorite stop on that trip. You can get so close to the water it is amazing. At night, if you are on the Canadian side, you can see the waterfall lit up in colorful lights, and it looks so pretty. My family and I went on this boat called “Maid of the Mist”. What you do is get on this boat, put on a poncho, and they take you really close to the waterfall at the bottom. It was one of the coolest and scariest things I have ever done in my life. When I was about 5, I went to Disney World. I don’t really remember much about this trip because I was so young, but I bet it was a lot of fun since I was a little kid and I got to meet a ton of the Disney Characters. Another trip that I just went on was to Virginia. My mom’s friends, like I explained before, live in Virginia. For the past two Thanksgivings we have been going out there to visit them, and each time we went to Washington D.C. for the day and saw all of the monuments. This was also a really cool trip to go on, and it really helped when it came to social studies this year. Every other year, my family and I are able to go to Hawaii for a week or 2. Awhile back, my dad bought this package that let you go to Hawaii or any other place every other year for the rest of your life. I have been there twice already, in kindergarten and 6th grade. This year is the year we can go again, but instead of going there, my family is going to Naples, Florida. This takes me to my last picture. My grandparents own a condo down in Florida, and ever since I was born I have been going down there almost every year. Everyone in my extended family also goes and uses the condo. It is fun because I know the area so it feels like home whenever I go there. I have been on many trips in my life, and there are many to come. This March, I am going down to Naples. Also, in July, my whole mom’s side of the family is going to Capo San Lucas, Mexico for my grandparents 50th anniversary. I am so excited and can’t wait.
In my future I plan to travel a lot just like my family does now, because I love to see different parts of the world. I would also like to have a family when I get older—a husband and 2 children. Before I start a family though, I would like to get a scholarship for either academics or sports and go to UW Madison. I am thinking about being some kind of designer whether it is interior or fashion. Some people say that I would be a good model, but I’m not sure if that is what I like to do. Many things are held in my future that I don’t even know are coming yet. I will just have to wait and see what happens.
There are many things you probably did not know about me before, but no you do. Throw this project I expressed myself as much as I could without overdoing it so people would know what kind of person I really am. Maybe I have a lot of things in common with someone that I didn’t know about, and now I will find out because I expressed myself. I liked this activity a lot. I liked how we could choose any application we wanted, so it was nice to have a wide variety. Overall, this was a fun and creative project.

No comments:

Post a Comment