Thursday, February 4, 2010

Jennifer's Pesonality Project

Jennifer Gohlke
February 4, 2010
F/CE 2 B1
Your Family
My family includes many special people—and animals. My family and I enjoy spending holidays together, like in the picture with my parents celebrating New Years. My brother and I are on an ice rink in my neighbors backyard, which they build every year. A tradition in my family is going to Walt Disney World in Florida—I’ve been there thirteen times. The only pets in my family are two turtles, mine is Squirt, and my brother’s is Squirt Snapper Jr. Our turtles are painter turtles like the one in the picture.

Inherited Features
There are many traits that I got from my parents. I inherited my brown hair from my mom, although now her hair is short, and mine is long. My mom says me that I had my dad’s feet, but I’m not really sure what that means. My mom is five foot ten, and that’s how tall the doctors said I would be. My grandma—my mom’s mom—was about that height, so it makes sense that that’s how tall I would be.

Outer Appearance
My outer appearance basically depends on what I feel like that day. If I am in a girly mood, I’ll dress up. If I’m in a lazy mood, I’ll wear sweatpants and a t-shirt. My favorite stores are Hollister and American Eagle. I love wearing jeans, shorts, and tank tops. The most comfortable outfit I could wear is a hooded sweatshirt and sweatpants. Most of the time I use suave shampoo and conditioner. My favorite is waterfall mist.

Inherited Traits
The most obvious trait that I inherited from my parents is my eyesight. I don’t wear glasses, and neither does my mom. My mom also doesn’t have any allergies, neither do I. Everyone in my family is right handed, so it makes sense that I am, too. I think that if I have kids, they will be right handed, also, because everyone in my extended family is right handed.

Social Behavior
I have a lot of friends and have many ways that I spend my time. My role model is Mia Hamm, because I love soccer. The cards are because I love playing card games with my mom and brother. I normally don’t win, but I still enjoy spending time with my family. The person shooting a basketball represents how I play team sports like basketball and soccer. My grandma loves playing games and doing puzzles, so I think that I get my like for games from her. It must have skipped a generation, though, because my dad, her son, hates games.

Talents, Skills, Abilities
Most of the things I am good at involve my friends—I’m more of a team person than a single person. My hobbies include swimming, especially when on vacations with my family. Some of my talents are sports, like soccer and basketball. I’ve played soccer and basketball all my life, and still enjoy playing them. The picture of a report card is for abilities, because I normally get A’s in school.

Future Plans
I hope to do lots with my life, including going to college. I hope to attend UW Madison and graduate with a teaching degree. This leads me to what I hope to do as an adult. I look forward to being a 3rd grade teacher. I think it would be fun working with kids when they are beginning their education, but not when they wouldn’t listen or pay attention. I also hope to have a family, including a husband, two boys, two girls and a dog.

Eating Habits
My eating habits are usually healthy, but every once and a while I eat junk food when I could be eating healthier. I love strawberries and watermelon, and ice cream is a must in my diet. One thing unique about my diet is that I think I’m the only person in the United States that doesn’t like hamburgers. I love tacos, but hate hamburgers, meatballs, and meatloaf. My favorite meal is pizza from Pizza Hut. My favorite sit-down restaurant to eat at is Outback Steakhouse. I love their steak and Bloomin’ Onion. My family doesn’t go there very often, but for birthdays it’s normally the restaurant of choice.

Fears and Pet Peeves
There are a few things that really bother me or get on my nerves. One big thing that makes me nervous is tests. I’m always worried that I’ll forget to study or study the wrong things. Something that worries me is being late for class. I know that I’ll have enough time, but in the back of my mind, there’s that one thought that says I’m going to be late. Tornados are one of the things that scare me. I get worried that we’re all going to die when it comes near.

Favorites
Many of my favorites haven’t changed for awhile, like the holiday. My favorite holiday is Christmas, mostly because of gifts and family time. My favorite school subject is math, because I love how everything works out in the end. When it comes to a favorite number, it’s currently sixteen, but it used to be six. When I was little, every jersey I owned had a number six on the back. My favorite combination of colors is lime green, pink, orange, and blue. I love bright colors, especially when choosing colors for my room or drawings.

Emotions and Feelings
There are many things that make me happy, but the main thing is my family. I love my family a ton, and we have so many good times together. We go on lots of vacations with each other, and have lots of fun. When I go to school, and the first thing I see is my friends, normally they put me in a pretty good mood. The thing that makes me the most angry in life is my alarm clock. I hate waking up early, so on the weekends I sleep in as late as I possibly can. I have little basketballs and soccer balls because these two things make me excited.

Life Experiences
I’ve had many amazing experiences in my life including travelling, siblings, and sports. The map represents every state I’ve been to. I’ve been to a total of forty states, and can’t wait until I’ve visited all fifty. When I was two years old, I broke my leg and that’s what the picture is from. The only other sibling I have is a younger brother who is ten years old. I was four years old when he was born. The trophy represents all the awards I’ve received from sports and school events.

Conclusion
I think that this was a really fun project, and easy because it was all about me. I think that kids enjoy doing this project and finding pictures on the internet and from home. It’s fun remembering the past and dreaming of the future. To improve this project, I think kids should have maybe one more class period to work on it. Overall, this was a really fun project.

No comments:

Post a Comment